Feed your sweet tooth….with a healthier treat! Give these dessert bars a try. Great to have on hand for after school or as sweet treat this weekend. Lots of yummy chocolate chips, oatmeal, cinnamon and vanilla, full of healthy fiber, yet vegan, gluten and dairy free!
- 3/4 cup Gluten free organic rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Gluten free oat flour
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 tsp. Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 2 Flax eggs 2 T. ground flax + 6 T. water, whisked together, set aside for 15 mins
- 2 T. Melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 T. Natural Peanut/ Almond butter
- 1/4 cup Coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Vegan chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup Walnuts chopped (or nut of your choice)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper- set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients; oats, flour, coconut, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut sugar with wet ingredients; flax eggs, coconut oil, nut butter of choice, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
Pour the wet mixture over the dry mixture. Use a rubber spatula or wooden spoon to fold the ingredients together until well combined. Fold in the chocolate chips and nuts or your choice.
Pour dough into the prepared pan. Spread evenly.
Bake for 20-30 mins. Until golden brown on the top.
Completely cool for about 1 hour. Then lift the bars out of the pan. Slice into 16 bars. Enjoy