Summer has lots of warm, sunny days and is still supplying us with a bounty of fresh vegetables and fruits. This yummy salad can be whipped up nice and quick leaving you time to enjoy our beautiful summer nights.
Spinach provides vitamins A, C, E and K, thiamin, vitamin B6, folate, calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, copper, and manganese.
Not a spinach fan? Romaine is a good substitute if you or someone in your family just won’t do spinach. Romaine is rich in vitamins and minerals A, K, C, folate, manganese, iron and potassium.
Either way, we are sure you will find this salad satisfying as a main dish or as a side with your chicken as the main event instead of in the salad.
- 6 oz boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Juice of 2 lemons (½ cup)
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, chopped (or 2 tsp dried)
- 1½ tsp olive oil, divided
- 1½ cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups fresh spinach or romaine
- 2 kiwis, peeled, cut into thin half-moons
- 1. Cut chicken crosswise into 1/8″ thick slices. Combine lemon juice, chopped rosemary and ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a bowl. Pour mixture over chicken slices to marinate, coating evenly. Cover and refrigerate while you prepare the rest of the ingredients, or marinate overnight for best results.
- 2. In a blender, combine ½ cup sliced strawberries, remaining oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper. Blend to incorporate flavors. Taste and adjust as needed.
- 3. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Drizzle water onto skillet. When water sizzles, place chicken, along with the marinade, on the skillet, and cook 3 minutes on one side. Flip and cook 2 more minutes, or until the chicken is no longer pink.
- 4. Divide spinach between 2 big plates. Top each plate with cooked sliced chicken, remaining strawberries and sliced kiwis. Drizzle with dressing. Serve.
- Calories: 359, Total Fats: 11 g, Saturated Fat: 2 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 65 mg, Sodium: 296 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 35 g, Dietary Fiber: 6 g, Sugars: 20 g, Protein: 30 g, Iron: 5 mg