WARM BEEF & VEGGIE AMARANTH SALAD
Ready in 15 minutes • Makes 1 serving
by: Carla Warrilow, Oxygen Magazine
Recipe discovered by Jes, Healthy Eating Dept at Natural Elements
4 oz boneless beef round, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 red chard leaves
1 baby zucchini, sliced
6 asparagus tips
¼ cup amaranth, cooked
1 cup arugula or spinach
6 grape tomatoes, halved
1 oz fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
1 tsp olive oil
5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
1. Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Sauté beef and garlic until slightly browned.
2. Add red chard, zucchini slices and asparagus.
3. When beef is nearly cooked to your preference, stir in amaranth and heat mixture for 1 more minute.
4. In a small bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
5. Plate arugula, then top with skillet mixture, tomatoes, cheese and dressing.
Nutrients per serving:
Calories: 367, Total Fats: 16 g, Saturated Fat: 4 g, Trans Fat: 0 g, Cholesterol: 68 mg, Sodium: 359 mg, Total Carbohydrates: 25 g, Dietary Fiber: 5 g, Sugars: 13 g, Protein: 34 g, Iron: 7 mg
Content is Informational Only:
The content of this site including text, graphics, images, and all other material are for informational purposes only. The information contained here is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here!
If you are in a life threatening situation or have a medical emergency call 911.