Today we feature a great recipe from livingwithout.com that is easy to make for those mornings on the run… Both Gluten & Dairy FREE!
Busy morning? When you need to bolt out of the house quickly, this perked-up coffee breakfast smoothie is just the trick. If your blender has trouble pulverizing dates, try soaking them overnight. Don’t add too much cardamom, as it can easily overpower the other flavors in the smoothie. If desired, sweeten with a touch of maple syrup.
- 1½ cups strongly brewed coffee, cooled to room temperature
- 1 cup unflavored coconut, rice or other milk of choice
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup pitted dried dates, chopped
- ⅓ cup gluten-free rolled oats (quick-cook, not instant)
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dash of cardamom
- 1 frozen chopped banana
1. Place all ingredients into a blender container in the order listed.
2. Blend until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Divide between 2 serving glasses.
Each serving contains 253 calories, 6g total fat, 1g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 0mg cholesterol, 83mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 5g protein.
Content is Informational Only:
The content of this site including text, graphics, images, and all other material are for informational purposes only. The information contained here is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here!
If you are in a life threatening situation or have a medical emergency call 911.