My first rule of thumb with teaching a healthy lifestyle is to not partake in anything that would bring toxins into your body unless absolutely necessary! But there are some cases where that isn’t possible. An aggressive cancer. A necessary medication. A flu shot. Wait, a flu shot??? There are many lines of professions any more that are required to receive flu shots each year to avoid negative effects anywhere from wearing a mask everyday at work, to penalties in various forms, to losing their job. But knowing the high likelihood of toxin exposure through getting a flu shot and the chemicals in them, how can we protect those that are often taking care of us?
First and foremost go into getting a flu shot with the healthiest body you can:
- Get your sunshine.
- Get some exercise.
- Drink lots of water.
- Eat a lot of veggies (especially the green ones!).
- Sleep 6-8 hours per night.
- Eat a diverse diet and fermented foods are a great bonus (think of probiotics).
- Avoid sugar and carbs.
- Choose berries, especially elderberry and aeronia berries for something sweet as well as immune building.
- Daily mental practice for a positive outlook; prayer, meditation, quiet, breathing.
Then after the flu shot you have the opportunity to support your detox systems to protect your brain, liver, kidneys and vital organs from exposure to toxins. This protocol should be used for at least one week following, but in my mind would be ideal for at least 21-28 days to protect the cells during their life cycle.
- Fish oil or cod liver oil 1 gram three times per day
- Vitamin D3 with K2 (at least 5000 IU/day — for higher doses seek professional opinion)
- Vitamin C
- Probiotic blend or at least 1-2 tablespoons of a fermented food per day
- Foods that can help with detox support:
- Dandelion Root
- B vitamin foods (eggs, meats, avocado, mushrooms, broccoli and other dark green veggies, dairy)
- Vegetables higher in fiber or beans (scrape and move along in the digestive tract)
Getting these foods and supplements in your system following a flu shot provide a toxin exit strategy. You can also partake in hot epsom salt soaks, drink detox teas, get a massage or use a rebounder for lymphatic flow, and the most important, DRINK A LOT OF WATER.
Cilantro Smoothie Recipe
3/4 cups of spinach
1/4 cup cilantro
1 cup water
3/4 cup blueberries or mango or pineapple (or if avoiding fruit use stevia in replacement)
Lemon or lime optional
1 tablespoon parsley (optional listing due to strong flavor)
I know some of you can’t avoid getting a flu shot each year, but the idea is you need to provide a strong road with guard rails out of your body for anything that doesn’t belong and could cause illness in the future. We need to protect the health of those that are often helping others heal!
Let me know if I can help you with any issues you may have.
P.S. This Friday, October 20th, is Fantastic Friday!
Call or email Miranda to get your order in and ready to pick up on Friday. You receive 20% off on all supplements. It’s a good way to save and be ready for all the fall and winter aches and sniffles!
Content is Informational Only:
The content of this site including text, graphics, images, and all other material are for informational purposes only. The information contained here is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. ALWAYS seek the advice of your physician or other qualified professional with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read here!
If you are in a life threatening situation or have a medical emergency call 911.