- Brussels sprouts cleaned up, about 18-24
- 2 large peeled carrots
- 1 diced apple honey crisp or sweet tango is pretty good
- 1 large diced stalk of celery
- 2/3 cup sunflower seeds
- 4-6 tablespoons of raisins
- 2-4 tablespoons of lemon juice to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- 1 teaspoon of thyme leaves or other herbs of choice
- Optional: pure maple syrup to sweeten it up
Add the grater/shredder to your food processor or grate by hand. Process the Brussels sprouts to shred. Shred the carrots. Transfer and mix in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the diced apple, celery, sunflower seeds, and raisins into the carrot and brussel sprout mixture.
Add lemon juice, salt, pepper, and optional fresh thyme or herbs to taste.
Can add about 1/2-1 teaspoon of maple syrup to cut the bitterness of the brussel sprouts and lemon juice.
Could also sprinkle with cinnamon!
Want it warm? Could throw this mixture in the oven and roast for 10-15 minutes at 375 degrees to add a whole new level of flavor or help your body stay warm with the fall cool weather coming. Throw a little mild cheese on top to add a little protein and gooey-ness. Yum!