Get ready for the weekend & Fantastic Friday with 20% off nutritional supplements. Call or email Jenny or Gretchen to get your order in @ 320-983-2333
Here is a great salad you might want to try this weekend, colorful, rich in vitamins and detoxifying properties, both cabbage and beets are wonderfully affordable and full of flavor.
Check out some of our other yummy recipes, click here!
This recipe from deliciousliving.com was shared by a patient of ours, and is fantastic by itself or if you add some cooked cubed chicken it can be an entire meal!
- 1/2 head red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound of red beets, grated (about 2 small beets)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 cup of golden or regular raisins to sweeten the salad up
- Toss cabbage, beets and onion together and combine thoroughly. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together until emulsified. Pour over veggies and stir until combined thoroughly. Serve at once.