Here is a great salad you might want to try this weekend, colorful, rich in vitamins and detoxifying properties, both cabbage and beets are wonderfully affordable and full of flavor.
Check out some of our other yummy recipes, click here!
This recipe from deliciousliving.com was shared by a patient of ours, and is fantastic by itself or if you add some cooked cubed chicken it can be an entire meal!
- 1/2 head red cabbage thinly sliced
- 1/2 pound of red beets grated (about 2 small beets)
- 1/2 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Optional: 1/2 cup of golden or regular raisins to sweeten the salad up
Toss cabbage, beets and onion together and combine thoroughly. Whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, salt and pepper together until emulsified. Pour over veggies and stir until combined thoroughly. Serve at once.
For more of our favorite recipes, click here!